From how to get a good rate on your membership to gym etiquette that won't make others give you major side-eye, these tips will make you feel way more confident about hitting the gym!
Whether you're a gym rat or just dipping your toes in the pool of studio options, we guarantee there are a few things you don't know about the gym. There are ways to work out effectively, properly, considerately (!), and strategically. There's gym etiquette to follow and surefire ways to get the maximum results from each and every visit. And, there are a ton of gym myths out there that we're here to bust. Here are unwritten gym rules that will make your experience a lot more pleasant—and the likelihood of you sticking with it for the long run will go up by a ton!
1. The Weights Need Cleaning, Too
2. Treat Your Yoga Mat Like Gold
3. Be Careful During Spinning
4. Don't Be Blind About Your Classes
5. Make Your Gym Time Fun
6. Set 3 Realistic Goals
7. The Gym Isn't Filled with the Types of People You Think
8. Less is More
9. Strategize Your Showers
10. It's Possible to Avoid and Deal with the "New Year's Resolution" Rush